May 2017 Newsletter
We had some great success last month during State Tumbling and Level 7 Regionals! It’s got us pretty jazzed to plan for summer fun and learning new skills.
Good-bye & Luck!
Allyson Sloup will still be here at gym off and on but will no longer be coaching regular classes. She’s moving to Macomb to attend Western Illinois University for her last two years of undergrad.
Kate Kimber will still be attending Quincy University, but she will no longer be coaching regular classes as she’s focusing more on her life-guarding and schooling.
Charleigh Koch graduates from QND this year and will be going to Maryville University this summer. Charleigh has worked at they gym for a few years instructing birthday parties and pizza fun nights.
Annabelle Hilgenbrink has worked parties, open gyms, PFNs, field trips, and preschool playtime. We’re going to miss her, but she’s staying in the family 🙂 Annabelle marries Mick Bramlett (Zeke and Hope’s little brother) at the end of May and will then move to Tennessee, where Mick is stationed with the US Army.
Plan for Summer Classes!
Sign-up for summer classes has now begun!
The class schedule can be viewed at MyGemCity.com/classes or pick up a printed copy at our office.
– Last day of spring session is Saturday, May 13.
– Gym is closed May 14-May 29.
– Summer session starts Tuesday, May 30 and runs until August 8.
All Star Cheer Squad will compete at Nationals in May in Florida.
Level 7 gymnasts headed to Regionals and Tumbling Team competed at State.
– Congratulations to Ava, Haley, and Abby as they finished their competition at Level 7 Regionals in Michigan!
– Team Illinois earned FIRST PLACE over Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana, & Ohio!
– Ava Winking – 7th Place Balance Beam, 8th Place Bars, & 9th Place All-Around
– Haley Woodyard – 2nd Place Vault, 3rd Place Balance Beam, 4th Place All-Around, & 5th Place Floor
– Abby Barnes – earned her highest Vault score of the season
– The Tumbling Team competed at the 2017 USTA T&T State Championships on Sunday April 23rd. Out of the 35 athletes that competed, 32 qualified for Nationals!GCGT ALSO HAS FOUR STATE CHAMPIONS!
Cheer Tryouts are May 13. There is a mandatory pre-tryout practice from 830-10 with closed tryouts taking place from 1130-1.
Open Gym on Saturday, May 6 from 630-830 – hosted by QHS students to benefit Horizons Soup Kitchen and Pantry. $15 per child, parent must be present to sign waiver, pre-register by calling the gym office (217)224-8491, open for grades K-8.
Book Your Summer Parties
Act fast to book Gem City for your summer birthday party or other special event. Our open party dates are filling up fast!
Call us today at 217.224.8491 or click the button below!I want to book a birthday party!
Preschool Playtime Success
Preschool playtime was a huge success this past session. Thank you!
We look forward to offering this playtime next school year. We will take a break for summer session to accommodate summer classes, but look for the new day and time when our fall schedule is released in July!